Washington DC Metro Area & Prince Georges County MD Termite Pest Control Extermination Management
Maryland Pest Control Services by Anton Termite & Pest Control LLC
Prince Georges County Comprehensive Termite Inspection Control Treatments
The main destructive termite species in Maryland is the Eastern subterranean termite. This termite is a serious timber pest causing millions of dollars in damage where it is located. It is estimated that more than 20 percent of homes in the high activity areas, have been or will be attacked at some time by these insatiable little insects.
Anton Termite and Pest Control LLC will identify the presence of destructive termites to formulate an appropriate control and prevention program, including:
- Initial thorough inspection of termite presence & damage
- Comprehensive consultation & evaluation of termite infestation
- Recommendation of complete termite post construction treatments & preventative pest management
- Delivery of pre & post-construction treatment with warranted preventative services
- Delivery of annual termite treatments and re-inspection service plans.
Other Prince Georges Pest Control Services
- Pest control for roaches, ants, ticks, crickets, spiders, millipedes, centipedes, silverfish & fleas
- Flying insect control for hornets, wasps & bees
- Rodent abatement exclusion exterior control for mice, rats, at single family & multi-family units
- Complete interior & exterior pest control treatments
- Quarterly pest control treatments
Since the late 1990s, bed bugs have returned stronger than ever mainly because of:
- Changing pest control methods
- International travel & immigration
- Bed bugs’ immunity to insecticides
Identification and Dangers of these Pests
Most rodents are identified by behavior, specific body features and color. Some rodents have tails shorter than their bodies, while others have tails longer than body. Rats have hairless tails and ears and are larger in size than most mice. Some rodents have one color while others vary in color between their backs and feet or bellies.
Rodents have oversized front teeth for gnawing. They chew on a variety of items available to them and cause great damage in and around homes. Rats and rodents can pose health risks since they can carry diseases.
Cockroaches prefer to live and feed in the dark, so a cockroach seen during the day is a possible sign of infestation. Cockroaches tend to prefer dark, moist places to hide and breed and can be found behind refrigerators, sinks and stoves, as well as under floor drains and inside of motors and major appliances. The following are other signs:
Cockroach droppings that resemble coffee grounds or black pepper while larger roaches eject tubular droppings.
Cockroach eggs are dark brown in color and averages 8 mm in length.
DangersCockroaches pose the following dangers:
- taint food sources with E. coli and Salmonella
- breed quickly since they live in close contact with one another
- trigger allergies with the debris created by skins, dead bodies, and droppings
Common signs of termite infestation include sagging floors and ceilings, traces of dust similar to normal dust, piles of wings that resemble scales and areas that seem to be slightly water damaged. Termites not only infest older wooden structures; they inhabit new buildings within a short time after construction.
Termites may be secretly hiding and thriving in your house causing damage that most insurance plans don't cover. All homes, regardless of their construction type, can provide cellulose food for termite infestation.
Fleas are small, shiny and reddish brown wingless bodies about 2.5 mm long. Fleas do not have wings, but can jump long distances.
Pets transfer fleas to the beds and furniture where they sleep, so your pet may bring fleas into your own bedding. Fleas lay up to 50 eggs per day so as your pet moves around the eggs spread into carpeting and upholstered furniture. Flea bites result in red spots surrounded by reddened haloes and are extremely itchy.
Stinging insects buzz around your home in warmer months, often building nests inside attics and gutters, or under decks or eaves. It is important to find and seal cracks and crevices to keep these pests from migrating indoors.
While everyone is outside during the warmer months, including stinging pests. While the stings from wasps, bees, hornets, or yellow jackets may hurt, they can cause painful swelling, infections, nausea, and possibly even death. Locating and removing their breeding places is important also.
Bed bugs have small wingless, oval-shaped bodies. Adults are brown and have wing pads that do not develop into functional wings. Adults are brown and their bodies redden after feeding. Full-grown bed bugs are between 4 to 5 mm and move slowly.
After being bitten by beg bugs itchy, red welts or swelling may occur the day or two after. Scratching the bites may lead to secondary infections. Sometimes people bitten by bed bugs have had allergic reactions that require medical attention.
Are You Searching for These Frequently Asked Questions About Pest Control or Other Questions Not Seen Below?
Call or Email Anton Pest Control LLC for Answers.
- How do I know if I have termites?
- Where can I get a wood destroying insect report?
- Signs of a bedbug infestation?
- Signs of a roach infestation?
- How can I tell the difference between termites and ants?
- What is a termite swarm?
- What are signs of a rat/mice infestation?
- What is the average cost for a pest control treatment?
- What are some companies that use environmentally friendly pest control practices?
- What are some pest control companies in the Dc, Maryland, and Virginia area?
- What is the average cost for a pest control treatment?